This Department of Oriental Studies has existed since the establishment of the University of East Yangon in 2000. The objectives of teaching Oriental Studies are: to preserve Myanmar culture depending on Buddhist Literature. To have mutual understanding and good will in relations with countries where Buddhist literature and culture are propagating. To provide cultural assistance, as a lively strong force, the world. .....
- provide optimum development of students,
- solve different problems of the students
- nurture vocational maturity & vocational choices.
- attain the knowledge, confidence, skills, and psychological well-being necessary for optimal mental health
- develop academic emotional, social and personal adjustment
- understand the important factors that promote self-regulations and self-control. .....